28 April 2010

Moving Question

When having a moving company move you, is it customary to
a) Open the door and watch them do the work so they don't steal your precious things or scratch homemade furniture.
b) Open the door and go to the mall
c)Open the door and help them pack

When having a moving company move you, is it customary to
a)Tip with money
b)don't tip because you helped them pack it
c) dont tip and don't help
d) have food out for them like cookies and cool aid instead of money

When having a moving company move you, is it customary to
a) have some things already packed
b) have nothing packed
c) have it all packed
d) have everything you own in one room that doesn't have carpet so you don't have to find a vacuum to vacuum the mess they made because it is raining and somehow you now have a mud pit in the kitchen.

Obviously, I have never had a moving company move me EVER so this will be a very new experience. Don't worry though because it's not like I am panicing, I just want to do it right and have the best experience possible.

Things I will miss about PROVO.
cold winter, snow, living at the base of BYU, living at the base of a mountain, real mountains, living above a dentists office, sometimes not having a parking spot at my own house, a ward with no teenagers, having family close by to visit and play games with, having the smallest bathroom next to the biggest kitchen, free utilities, free laundry, internet only in the window sill on a clear day, the closet in the shower, being only 12 hours from parents, and only 4 hours from grandma and grandpa and mush.
There is a lot more but I have to go take my Biology final. Wish Me Luck!!

3 comments:

A said...

Lindsay call me! Ive been moved, and I would now like to unload my knowledge upon you! or email me your number and Ill call you! and to briefly answer your questions...
a,a&d,a
and much much more

Josh said...

My two cents -

Definetely watch the movers do the packing.

The only thing you should touch before they come is your valuables that you don't want them to touch. They won't let you help pack or take anything you already boxed because they are liable for the packing job if anything breaks.

I would leave them some pizza and powerade if it were me, but I bet they appreciate cash tips.

Michayle said...

Hey, I wanted to advise you as well, but it looks like you already have some good sources and Josh (whoever he is ) seems to remember things I don't since its been a few years. The wonderful thing is you don't have to pack. Are you driving your cars out or are they moving those for you too? My only regret was that I didn't bring my bike in the back of our truck. I had no transportation for a month until our stuff arrived. Good luck and have fun!