19 February 2011

Gentle Hydentist

So I know its been a while since I posted and I don't have anything to say other than I just don't have much notable news lately.
I have been going to Aerobics off and on for a while and I really like it.  The girls there are wonderful and I am starting to kind of feel part of something here (huh? it's ONLY been 9 months).
 I love when I get to spend time with my friend every Thursday.  We do different things every week and I like that on the third Thursday we go make cards with other ladies for the troops to send home to their loved ones (I can't find the link right now to the website so you can make them too but I will get that for you later).  We have such a great time!
I am working for a family in our ward watching their two little kids (Bigger Kid and Twinkles)  Monday through Wednesday.
 We are renewing our lease at our apartment (I think) so we are painting soon.
We get to go to Scotland soon.
Smalls is coming next week for an interview at the place where GoodLooking works (If she gets the internship, she gets to live here with US... I feel soooo lucky and we will have some family for a while... If not, at least she gets a free trip out to see us)
I start school in 6 months (again)

The mother of the kids I watch is a Dental Hygienist and once a week I ask Bigger Kid what her mom does or where her mom works and every week it is the same thing but different name.  General Hydentist. Then it was teeth cleaner.  Then this week it was GENTAL HYDENTIST.  and she made up a word,  pafecious: (sneaking out of bed at night and**) reading the same book over and over again.

I am trying to teach Twinkles how to say "all done" with her hands so that when she is done swinging or eating or whatever she can tell me instead of scream and me not know what she is wanting.... So far, she only does it when she is in the high chair (done eating) or when I am giving her a bottle before nap time... AND when she is done I sit and rock her for a couple of minutes till her lids are heavy and she likes to nod her head till I nod my head then she giggles.... SOOO cute.... and she isn't even MY kid.


**she didn't mean to say that but I think it is funny

1 comment:

hi de ho said...

I think the sign language stuff for little ones is awesome. I wish I had known about it when I was raising my little kids. They catch on so fast and are able to communicate so much better. These little guys are so lucky to have you.