25 January 2012

You Know?!

Ya know, it would be nice if once you became a parent, sleep was no longer necessary.  You could just go and go and not even have to worry about it.  Get the laundry done , dinner cooked, get showered, dressed, and made up, clean the living room, bathrooms, and kitchen, scrapbook, and make thank you cards while the baby sleeps.  INSTEAD, you gotta sleep when she sleeps and you're lucky if you get to shower let alone make those thank you cards.
I'm not trying to whine.  I lover her with all my ability.  BUT, if I didn't have to sleep, my house would look a lot better, I wouldn't stink*, and those cards would have gone out the week she was born.




*I stink because for the past two weeks, I couldn't wear deodorant because I had a rash in my pits and had to put two different creams on them 3X's a day.  Now, I think the rash is gone but now they are really dry and the skin around my nail on my middle finger is infected or its an ingrown hangnail (i don't think it is related to the rash).


**BTW, I am posting this at 4 a.m. while typing with my left hand and rocking her to sleep.  Now that she is asleep, I gotta go.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I agree, we could get so much done if our bodies didn't tire out! I know you're not complaining, but it's nice to vent, isn't it? When my second came around I no longer had the opportunity to sleep when the baby slept because I had a toddler to keep alive too, and I used to wonder "why did I ever think one kid was hard?", but that's because it WAS hard. Way hard. I couldn't believe how hard becoming a mother was. There's just so much we don't experience until having children, and for me it was kind of a shock. And I would be waiting for things to feel normal again, to go back to the normal I was used to, but it never goes back. You just adopt a new normal.

Okay, sorry for rambling! You're a great mommy Lindsay! It's a good thing babies are so irresistibly cute, huh?

A said...

Ahhh I remember those days... Actually I dont really remember those days they are foggy and hazy. I think thats because the sleep deprivation and the intense amounts of Mt Dew I drank to stay awake at work.

Emily Gardner said...

Is it possible to hate something you love? I LOVE sleeping, but HATE the need for it. I can either be a happy well rested mommy, or have a clean house... I think life would be SO much more productive if we didn't need sleep.