A few weeks ago, my mom was able to come and visit. It was a nice relaxing visit and she helped me get started on a furniture redo project. She very kindly and motherly helped with Honey and shared a lot of knowledge and stories and some insight to how her growing up years were. I feel so special to be who I am and be where I am. I am so glad she followed the example of her sister and was baptized. If my mom hadn't made some hard choices in her life, I would not be me. The more time I spend with my mom, the more I come to a knowledge that her youth was HARD. It's not to say she didn't have some good memories but she is a miracle.
"Wolfinger’s research also suggests that if one spouse comes from divorced parents, the couple may be up to twice as likely to divorce. Spouses who are both children of divorced parents are three times more likely to divorce as couples who both hail from intact families."
Statistically, my parents had an elevated chance of divorce being that her parents got divorced when she was young and also that she married at a young age. My parents also faced hard times, trials, and other unknown factors. Even with all this against them, they love each other more than can be put into words. I never saw them in heated discussion. I never saw my dad yell at my mom or vice versa. My father was an example to me of what I deserve in a loving relationship. From him I learned that I can demand respect, love, and help. My mother was an example of how strong I can be, what I can do, and who I can become. I am so thankful for their strength. I am thankful that they pushed through hard times working and growing closer together.
Thank you Mom and Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment