31 August 2015

Allergy Update

Last Wednesday I experienced what is called RUSH immunology. I received 4 of 7 shots of a serum containing essence of what I'm allergic to (grasses, trees, cat, horse). After the fourth shot and a short waiting period the doctor said to stop because the injection site had swollen slightly and I was getting flushed in the face and congested. I thought "I feel fine let's keep going" but they insisted and good thing too because that night after scratching desperately at my head, hands, and stomach I had the call that doctors cell phone and he told me to take a Zyrtec and doxepin. The next morning, my ears and hands were swollen and red. Fast forward to right now and I feel fine.


Oh and my eyes were swollen.
Here's what they normally look like


And my swollen hand
And here's one for reference

Whoa! Good thing we stopped and got me a shot of epinephrine.

2 comments:

adventuregirl said...

That looks so awful. Way to be brave.

the tall girl said...

Yeah, a really good thing you silly girl :)