02 July 2009

MY HUSBAND CAN OUTSHOP ME!!

Today, we drove to Alabama and visited the USS Alabama.  It was pretty cool (for those who don’t know, it is a huge battleship).  Actually, to be more accurate, it was flippen HOT! We went maybe three or four levels down and checked everything out it is amazing to see the kitchen that fed over 2000 people that lived on the ship.  We also saw all the medical areas and they were pretty primitive.  For example, the dental office still had the old spit bowl ( I wonder when the dental vacuum was invented…).  After that, we checked out the air museum and there was a huge jet that Jack really liked and it can go faster than a bullet.  It said that if a bullet could go across the US, that jet would beat it by seven (7) minutes. Hows that for fast?!

We then headed down to the hotel we are staying at (just a cheap place to stay), and we found a Tanger outlet.  It was HUGE!!  We thought “there are a few things that we need so we will look around.”  He went through MAYBE 1/3 and it took 4 hours.  We didn’t stay more than 20 minutes in one store but it still took forever.  We got in the car to go and I asked Goodlooking “were you done shopping?. Like you couldn’t do it anymore?” and he said, “No.”  My husband can outshop me!!!  I have a headache and my feet hurt really bad.  I think it’s cause he grew up with girls.  I’m not saying that as a bad thing because that means he can easily do all the school shopping when we have kids and when they get to that age.  I bought a DRESS.  I have never chosen to own a dress that was not for a specific event.  It is pretty cute polka dots, knee length, and silky.  I also got a backpack for school.  It will carry my computer and books and it was pretty cheap from Jansport.

We went to the beach after the sun went down and it was WONDERFUL!  It was real and better than the dirty pond we went to.  Though the pond was a fun trip, it didn't have waves or the smell.

EXCITED FOR TOMORROW!!!

1 comment:

Josh said...

I want to know how fast that jet goes in feet per second, because some bullets may only go hundreds of feet per second, while other bullets travel over 3000 feet per second. I'd like to see a jet cruise at that speed.

Don't get me wrong - I also think it's cool the jet can beat a bullet, but I'd like to know what kind of bullet we're talking about.