(I wrote this post a long time ago then I couldn't get on the internet to post it)
Looking back, I realize I did not mention that Goodlooking started his last year in school. Yippie!!
I, on the other hand, did not start school and am still looking for the next best job I have ever had. That was the plan when we got here and I thought, “Oh, it will be easy to get a new job CAUSE I AM SO AMAZING!!!”. However, now, I am just desperate to relieve my boredom and make any money (not the kind you get doing dishonest or illegal things so do not contact me about such deals). I fill my time looking on craigslist every 20 minutes or so and trying to be the first person to reply to a job opportunity, thinking about what to scrapbook, house work, working out and the other day, I went driving from business to business putting on a pretty smile begging for applications and for them to hire just one more person (that person, obviously, is me because I would be the BEST addition to any team).
On Saturday, Goodlooking, Freshman 40, and I went to SLC to pick up Small Parcel from the airport then up to Idaho for some FUN!
That night, we watched the football game and shot off some AWESOME fireworks. We brought the last of our poppers (which turned out to be duds probably because they were old and had been to the sauna of the south) and half of the supply we had bought on our way to the sauna. My favorite was the pyramid one that spun really fast and went up higher than the rockets.
On Sunday, we went to church and had a fabulous Thanksgiving(esque) dinner after which we all sat around and talked for a long time and Goodlooking convinced the ARM to change his major to what he is doing (Because it is the BEST). Then we went over to the other house and played NERTS (someone says that you don’t really get to know me till you play NERTS with me… that is KIND OF a quote and is pretty true) till late and talked for 2 hours later (laughed more than talked).
On Monday, we took Small Parcel to BYUI. She waited in line to get her key while Goodlooking broke in and we got her and her roommate moved in. We drove back to grandma’s house and roasted wieners (which apparently is a very Mormon thing to do, according to someone that Small Parcel met on the plane (Berry*)). And we were sent home with a smorgasbord of vegetables and a raspberry plant (which I am VERY excited about).
Which brings me to SPUD. Spud was a very good plant. He lasted through the cold winter but just couldn’t make it through the summer with someone else living here, so goodbye SPUD. The new plant doesn’t have a name yet but if anyone has any good ideas, I think I am open to anything good.
*Name not changed to protect privacy
:::BYTHEWAY:::
The new fish are getting names and the old ones finally have one too. They all have their own little personalities and work hard to be the best little swimmer.
Frog = Frogie
red neon=Lightning (kacha)
two green neon= Calvin and Hobbes
orange neon=little”O”
colorful goldfish= Pepperidge
big goldfish= Nabisco
Algae eater= Creepy
1 comment:
Hey! I'm super excited you are back! I might be moving into my new home soon...(translation - life is CRAZY right now!!! Want to go to lunch some day?
Post a Comment