07 January 2010

Never in MY Life did I Expect to be so EXCITED to go to SCHOOL!!!

So yesterday was my fist day back at school in about two and a half years.  I started at 8 in the AM with Algebra (my worst subject EVER!).  I like the teacher (so far) he sounds like an interesting person.  Right now he is retired (from a masters in mathematics and he worked for Bowing) and supports himself by woodworking.  He gave us all the assignments so I can get started right away and get ahead of the schedule.  Then I have a long break and go to Biology at 11 in the AM.  That teacher is a bit different with all his bad jokes.  Right now I am sitting in the hall because my only class today that should have started at 8 am won't start till next week.  I got up early (which is a big deal) got ready (I sang in the shower really loud then remembered that we have neighbors now and they probably don't appreciate me singing at the top of my lungs at 6:45) drove all the way down here (15 minutes) found the stinkin class AND IT WASN'T HAPPENING!  Sheesh she could have emailed us or SOMETHING.
Anyway, I found out that I really don't appreciate BYU as much as I should.  When you go to BYU you are surrounded by (mostly) LDS people.  When you walk onto campus, there isn't a group of people smoking.  When you walk around the conversations are clean and not much swearing is to be heard.  People look clean cut and nice.  Here is just... different and now I appreciate where I live a bit more.
I LOVE LEARNING!!!

2 comments:

Heath Hales said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you since I love college and learning and education in general. I hope you do enjoy it while you have this opportunity. Also, we missed you at Katey's reception. I guess you left right before we got there!

Be Nimble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.