25 August 2010

I'm a nerd

So... I find myself coming to my blog more than once a day to see who has been updating their blog and to listen to the cute songs that I have put up. I just remembered that I put one of those tracker things to see who looks at my blog and I found out..... Mostly its just me.

Silly I know.

Anyway, Goodlooking and I watch some shows on Hulu (wipeout, america's got talent, Top Shot, and Modern Marvels) and sometimes they show these really funny commercials (for someone who hates commercials, I sure post quite a few that I like huh?). The ones that I really like are the car insurance ones..

Top Favorites in no particular order are::
The one with Pierce Brosnan and he says "Can Little Animal* really save you 15% or more on your car insurance?? Was Abe Lincoln honest??" Then it shows "Abe Lincoln" and some lady asks him if the dress makes her backside look large......::long awkward silence::..... then he holds up fingers indicating a little and says "perhaps a bit" and she walks off angry.

The one with Pierce Brosnan and he says the same Little Animal* quote but says "did the little pig go we all the way home??" and then there is a car driving and a pig in the back seat going "weeeeee" and he has two wind mills hanging out the window and when they get home, the driver (soccer mom like) says "(name not disclosed to protect poor little pig) you're home!!" (annoyed) and the little pig in a normal teenage boys voice says "oh. cool".

AND most of the ones for TexAlabaMexIndiana* with the guy in a car talking and acting out different accident situations for which you need insurance for (teenage girl and random windstorm being my faves of this set of commercials). If you pay attention, you will notice small comments about other insurance companies.

*name of company changed to protect mostly myself... Just in Case you know?!

6 comments:

Nicola said...

I really like the Allstate ones too. That guy is really funny. And I like how he keeps all his injuries from the previous accident, so by the last commercial he is totally beat up. I also watch stuff on Hulu, and we don't have real TV, so these are the only commercials I see. And I do the same thing with my blog-minus the listening to music.

Julie Barfuss said...

I really love that "little pig" one too! It makes me giggle!

Katelyn said...

I totally know what you mean about checking your blog and reading other peoples... I do it all the time, and most often, it's just me, or Josh, checking our own blog, seeing if anyone commented, but no one ever does. Ha ha ha.

Shara said...

I read your blog and I'm commenting! Love the photos on the past couple of updates. Georgia looks good on you both!

hi de ho said...

I'm trying to be a nerd, but failing....do nerds ever fail? Hmmm...they are the smart ones! Anyway, I love your blog; I really should get mine going.

Michayle said...

I like how worried you are about protecting yourself from who knows what just in case! I love these commercials, too, probably because I watch Hulu. I like the Mayhem guy. But why is he wearing pink sunglasses?