We just got back from spending a long time in Utah and Idaho (it didn't feel like a long time while we were there but when we got back, we realized it had indeed been a long time). It was an amazing trip filled with family, a few friends, and great food*. I didn't realize how hot it was here till the day after traveling home and walking outside to go run (I did not end up running because it was 105 degrees + humidity). Blegch. Also, I found out that our grass had grown a ton making it take 3 hours to be mowed by the boy that comes every once-in-a-while to mow it (we hire him when we miss a week or can't do it).
We walked into our house and it stunk. The fish tank water was nasty! The fish, I think, had been over-fed. We did some damage control last night and it looks a bit better but it will need more help over the next week or two.
Yesterday, Betty and I were in the kitchen. There wasn't anything that I could see on the floor that she could get into so I went to the bathroom and when I came back, she was chewing on something and had brownish slobber. I quickly dug in. It took a while but when I finally got it out, it was a little beetle (like a june bug that sits on the top of pool water when you have the pool light on). AHHH GROSS!
I am extremely proud of myself for getting unpacked in one day. It usually takes me about a week or two to get it all put away.
*All the food we ate was amazing and I had all that I wanted and only gained 1/2 a pound on our trip. Super amazed and proud when I found that out.
Here's to counting down the days till my mom gets here, Small Parcel comes, and Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment