warning:: short because I am way late remembering everything we did but know that we had a lovely time with everyone::
We left Thursday night and stayed at my aunts house then left early enough and got to Amarillo with not much of a hiccup (except for cutting a tooth). Made some money in Amarillo then continued to Roswell, New Mexico to stay the night. Saturday, we left a bit earlier and made it to Tucson for a late lunch. It was a nice stay in Tucson. Quiet except for kids. Honey narrowly escaped getting pink eye from a cousin. We had birthday cake without her on Sunday (four layer chocolate cake with raspberry filling) because she went to bed early and we had it again on Monday night with her.
GoodLooking took Honey to Pima on Wednesday while my mom and I went to Mesa for haircuts, shopping, and temple lights with my cousins. My hair feels great and my mom looks good! I really enjoyed going to the temple and seeing family.
My family came back to me on Friday (Honey is now officially a year at this point) and we went out to dinner to "the bird". It was very good.
Monday, we prepped for Christmas Eve festivities. We did the nativity, opened gifts, and ate nachos a.k.a. taco salad. Everyone was able to come but some left too early. We needed to get on the road so we left and drove to Pima.
When we got there, we let Honey get out some energy then we all went to bed. GoodLooking and I as per tradition, slept in the loft. I couldn't sleep and thought it was because of comfort so I went down stairs to our bed but to no favorable results because I still didn't sleep very well... I chalk it up to Christmas morning excitement. After opening Santa presents we all got ready and had delicious breakfast.
We had a very nice time in Pima. We were able to all go to the temple together and GoodLooking and I were also able to go by ourselves. It was nice to get to know Mr. Freshman Forty, help mum do some things in the yard, go shooting, play games, and listen to stories. I always enjoy time spent there.
No comments:
Post a Comment