17 January 2013

Some Things

Becoming a new mom there are a few things I have learned and things always known but have just now learned.

I am this persons parent.  I am not the doctor and the doctor is not the parent.  I am with her 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.  I know when she is acting weird and I can get a feeling if something is wrong or not completely right or different.  I can ask a doctors opinion and I can get a doctors advice on what he/she knows or has experience with but at the end of the day it is my choice and I will try to do what is right.  I am raising her not the doctor.

Noise while at first it was bad, now it is good.  I worry when there is no noise when I am busy with things and not paying 100% attention to her.  It means she has found something interesting that she is otherwise not regularly allowed to play with. Example:: Today I made muffin mix and put it in the pantry.  I put it on the second shelf from bottom thinking "the lid is on, it's safe".  I go about cleaning the utensils used and she is being very quiet so I enjoy the time to myself.  When I finish, I turn around and there she is hands in the container and mix messed about her on the floor.  Lesson now learned.


No comments: