On the 23rd I had surgery again but this time I had to stay overnight with a grenade hanging by a tube coming out of my neck (far from fabulous).
Recovery was a lot easier the second time around thanks to the Priesthood, Fasting, and Prayer. And my mom being here to scrub and take care of Honey was great she made enchiladas to put in the freezer and did all my weekly chores on Monday so I wouldn't have to work for a week. She also made a dress for Honey which we finished just in time. And my sister coming and hanging out with me in the hospital. That was a lot of fun actually. She helped make sure I got the drugs I wanted, answered questions, talked, provided movies and other entertainment. Without her, I don't know, it would not have been the same.
I took my first hormone pill today and I am excited to have a non slugish hormone level. The doctor said it will be life changing once I get to where I should be. It is nice to look in the mirror and not have the bulge in my neck where my large thyroid lump used to be. The scar isn't bad at all and he worked it into a crease that I might grow into as I "age".
Today, GoodLooking made lazagna and I made crust for blueberry pie and we have jello in the freezer so it will be a great rest of the Sabbath.
BTW: I still have the dresser and desk for sale and you are welcome to stay the night here if you have to travel to pick it up ;)
1 comment:
I am so glad that you are doing so good. I hope that the life change is a good one when your hormones get back to where they are supposed to be. You ROCK my world.
Post a Comment