With 17 or so weeks till my planned sprint triathlon and knowing that I am not pregnant and can probably still participate if I do get pregnant between now and the event I need to buckle down and get serious!
Last week I started running again... That's the doctor recommended 2 week rest period. On the 6th I ran 1.5 in 20 minutes. I was going for a relaxed time just to make sure I could finish it out. Then I ran the following Thursday 1.5 in 18. Then without Honey on Friday 2.9 in 35(ish). I felt really good about myself to have not run in such a long time and be able to keep my speed for the most part.
I plan to swim on Friday to get a feel for where I am and then make up a plan to get where I need to be. I have not biked in a while so I probably have to start that over.
I have something to say about starting a workout system. (This is something I have learned). When I first started running (before the portion control and accountability plan) I didn't loose much weight. At first, it is very frustrating because I wasn't seeing the scale back away very fast. The scale is how I measured my success and it didn't make me happy. I think that at first the number doesn't decrease because fat is moving and changing into muscle. So while the number doesn't change (or maybe even go up), my body was totally changing. My thighs were definitely getting toned and I know I was improving in distance and recovery time was getting shorter. My advice to anyone starting to lose weight, put the scale away and listen to your body. Think more about the way your pants fit and less about the number. Think about the way running or weight lifting or elliptacizing make you feel. That is the success. I feel very successful in my weight loss attempts and I have been stuck at my current weight for a long time. I know that my running is getting better and sometimes I can fit into clothes that haven't fit in a long time (I am glad I hung on to my clothes). Keep at it and don't think about numbers unless they are repetitions with a smartbell.
2 comments:
I am totally with you. You are doing amazing. Good luck training.
You are an inspiration sista. I sure love you. You keep it up, I know you can do it!
Post a Comment