This birth was so much better than Honeys. It started with a relatively good nights sleep (like the kind of sleep you get as a kid and you know you are going to Disney Land in the morning and you just can't wait... Like seriously, you tried so hard to get this to happen the week earlier). We got to the hospital at 6 am and started with finger printing, removing my personals, and getting mugshots. Then I hopped in bed and tried to relax.
When we finally got down to it, I was wheeled in the room politely asked to sit up on the super narrow table and squish my baby so they could pierce my spine. Other than a quick prick I don't remember feeling much besides excitement to finally be done with this pregnancy. It was a rough 8 months.
Once I couldn't feel anything, I was prepped for the actual procedure.
The doctor came and was very calm and ready. She talked to me during the procedure and I asked questions about my internal condition. I had scar tissue (that she removed), some fusing (that she fixed), and my uterus was very thin.
The anesthetist was great! She explained everything told me when things would happen and what was happening (and didn't tell me that drinking was healthy for you... like my last anesthetist... that was weird). She warned me that I would feel some pain in my chest and shoulders while they actually pulled and BOY DID I. So much so that it was hard to breath and I panicked a little because I didn't remember this when they pulled out Honey. She gave me some more meds that made me very loopy and hard to keep my eyes open and she rubbed my shoulders.
Once they had him out, they lowered the drape so I could look at him before they cleaned him up (BTW right now it is 12:41 AM and he is laying in the boppy AWAKE).
| My first view of Little Brother |
I spent 2 nights in the hospital.
Monday I was just really tired and threw up a lot from the anesthesia which has never happened before and I have had 4 previous surgeries.
Wednesday, we packed up and left.
Im having a hard time putting the pictures where I want them so here are some more.

2 comments:
Wow your kids are cute!! Thanks for posting I was wondering when it wold come out. Love it. Good luck with your really cute family.
OHhh, I have been waiting for this post :) Loved it. Thanks for writing. I love you and your little family.
Post a Comment