I have learned something so far this week. I was afraid to potty train Honey because she is increeedibly stubborn and really smart and strong willed and wants to do things her way and when she wants. Are there any other ways to say she is stubborn?
I learned that if I want Honey to do something I want her to do I have to be one step more stubborn than her
Anyway, I got to sleep in a bit on Monday and GoodLooking helped Honey get up. Apparently, her diaper leaked and he decided to start potty training and I have run with it the rest of the week. It has definitely been difficult at times (like when I am feeding little brother and she says "potty" and I have to pull him off, lay him down and sit on the bathtub listening to him scream while Honey tries to go. And then she hops off and I get him hooked back up and she says "potty" again.. Each time she has to go, it takes 3 trips, anyone know why?). I have definitely wanted to put a diaper on her and just relax (especially the first day after her second accident) but I put the diapers away and tried not to even seriously consider it.
Here is Potty training so far
Monday 2 accidents 2 successful
Tuesday No accidents but she did ask for a "ber" (diaper but I put on a pull up) which she used to poop in
Wednesday 1 accident and she pooped on the potty
Thursday This morning her pull up was dry and she peed in the potty. No accidents and we were sitting down eating and she ran off to the potty to poop... unassisted (except for wipe).
She does ask to wear a "ber" but she still keeps it dry and goes on the potty.
We have stayed home all week except for a quick trip to the store in which she wore a pull up. This weekend should be interesting as we are hopefully going get some peaches on Friday, to Houston on Saturday, and church on Sunday. EEK!
1 comment:
Way to go sis!!! You are doing a great job :) Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment