10 October 2010

First Impressions of Good Looking

So, as you have probably guessed, I am married to GoodLooking (no that is not his real name as that is how I like things on this public journal of my thoughts) .  All marriages have to start somewhere right?!

 ::31January2007::
[GoodLooking] (insert real name): In my intro to Drama class at 10 AM and English 102 at 11 AM.  He's cute, tall, back from a mission in Scotland, nice glasses, spiritual, funny, smart, stylish, good family size, probably likes to shop.  We were talking in English.  I told him that now, on weekends, the latest I work is 6 PM.  Pe promptly said "I'll ask you on a date"  I hope it's not a pity date.

(you can tell from this journal entry the things I thought most important.  I had been to many a YW activity to make such a list and I knew what my priorities were)

::11February2007::
He makes me so nervous and it drives me BONKERS.  I saw him tonight after the fireside and we were talking... More like he was talking and I was allowing words to come out of my mouth.  I don't even know what to say.  I want to cry but that wouldn't make sense.

(I was so silly back then)

::19February2007::
I could be getting married sooner than I plan on.

(MAN, I am such a girl)

::12March2007::
Today, he asked me how much I like him. I said A LOT.  Then, for the second time he asked what I would say if he proposed?
Arizona Sun:: Did you ask my dad?
GoodLooking:: What if I already did?
Arizona Sun:: but you didn't
Then I was frightened...  I don't know what scared me more; the idea that I might get married real soon or the fact that I like him so much that I wanted to look him in the eyes and say "Yeah OK"
He wants to spend the whole summer EFYing though... I don't know!!
 I THINK I LOVE HIM...

::14March2007::
I'm starting to think more and more that "like" doesn't explain the way I feel but that "love" is too soon so... "I somewhere between like and love [GoodLooking]." <3

::15March2007::
Over spring break he "actually missed me" and he was thinking a lot and praying and reading and he said he loves me.... I said "that sounds pretty much amazing"

::17March2007::
Falling in love was not in the "to do"list. 

::7April2007::
I went to the Family Easter picnic.  Small Parcel and I found some gross stinky water.  In the truck on the way up, GoodLookings mother said "GoodLooking told me you found a beautiful ring".  As the skin melted off my body and my eyes popped out I responded.
I was thinking "I haven't even told MY mother what it looks like and you're already talking to me about it?! No!...
(((later in journal entry) of course I am not typing out the whole entry))
Sometimes, he says things that I am amazed at.  They must come from books.

::28April2007::
I can't handle the excitement!
IM ENGAGED TO [GOODLOOKING'S FULL NAME]
(and that means to be married!)


...To Be Continued...

5 comments:

Kami said...

Cute! I wish I had something fun to read back on like this. Good job at journal writing! Something I'm trying to be better at...

Michayle said...

You are so adorable! It made me smile and tear up to read this. You guys seem soooo happy together and that makes me so happy. I am glad you decided to take drama and english. They were very important to your celestial welfare : )

B said...

very cool! *smiles*

hi de ho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hi de ho said...

Sometimes Good Looking's mother says the darnedest things! It's a good thing you have a good sense of humor and a BIG heart! Love you!!