24 November 2011

That last post.

I remembered another memory.

We had a couple Thanksgivings and my dads parents house (which is a really cool house).  They ALWAYS had celery with cream cheese and pineapple (sooooo good!!!)  and that was back when I still like olives and would put them on my fingers and eat them off one by one.

In married life we had Thanksgiving at GoodLookings aunts house in Virginia.  YUM and can I say Sunday dinner at Grandmas house is always like Thanksgiving.  I love being there and she cooks so well.

My Dads parents house had an attached little living room with a rock wall that my grandpa chose each large rock specifically and a little fire place.  Because it was an attachment, it had a window from the living room looking into the rock wall room.  This window had a crank window (a little lever that you crank and it opens the window.... kind of like "rolling down the window" in a car but the window opened out into the rock wall room) with a little desk with papers and a phone under it.  Us kids would always play waiting room and call to each other from the window like at the doctors.  It was soooo fun.

No comments: