25 February 2013

Efforts and New Things

In my recent efforts and attempts at losing weight, I have been generally successful.  I started with running because I knew that running is the fastest doable way to lose weight.  Then I learned that gaining muscle will help me burn more calories when I run so I started doing that. The weight has had a downward trend and the fitness level has had an upward trend but I want more.  The answer for me is doing new things.  Changing things up has been the answer for my weight loss plateau.  Deciding to train for a triathlon, finding the facebook 90 day bikini body mommy challenge, and finding friends to do things with.

Triathlon:: A friend in my ward (church unit) has done a triathlon before and she is helping me along.  This past weekend GoodLooking and I dropped a bike off at the bike shop to be fixed up so that I can get comfortable on a bike (if comfort is the right word).

90 Day Challenge:: Incredible.  Different workouts everyday and they are challenging to say the least.  It is doable but not too easy and you don't need any equipment so far as I can tell but I am only a week into it.

Friends:: I do the challenge with a friend a day or two per week (the other days, I just do it myself).  I am also walking with a neighbor.  We walk fast and talk and it makes the 2.5 miles seem so quick and easy.  I also run once a week with a church friend around the church.  I don't know exactly what the distance is because we go for time but we run for a full 20 minutes and she pushes me toward the end.  When I run by myself, I feel like a slug at the end.  She is such an inspiration to me.  We ran the color run together and she pushed herself because I forgot my stopwatch and she wanted to make sure that I knew my time at the end (she ended up shaving 6 minutes from her previous time).

Family Support:: I know Honey doesn't have much choice in it because I take her whether she likes it or not but she doesn't cry or scream in the stroller when we run or walk.  GoodLooking is okay with spending money on expensive undergarments so that I can have comfort when I run (without it, I would not "enjoy" running as much as I do) and spends money on bike things so I can train and spends money so I can sign up for runs and the said triathlon.  He takes care of Honey on his day off so I can go to Houston with my friend and run the color run.  He tells me how good I look and how happy I seem since I started doing these things.

I am so thankful for all the support I have had.  Without it, this journey would be lonely and a lot slower going.

Thank you

3 comments:

adventuregirl said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying all of it. That to me is the biggest part of getting fit. I hope you keep it. You are MY inspiration. Love ya sis.

Nicola said...

I want to learn more about the challenge you are doing. Can you send me a link or something?

the tall girl said...

You are the best! Keep up the hard work. I love reading your posts :)