06 February 2013

FINALLY!

Do ya'll remember when I took on this disaster?
white paint over yellow wallpaper over beautiful wood?



Well after a long time (I don't really remember exactly when I bought them... I know I didn't wear a jacket to pick them up... but then again it hasn't really been the winter for jackets.  I have gotten my jacket out maybe 3 times all "winter").
"but I digress"*

I have finally finished these suckers.  Well, I still need to line the drawers but I can't find what I am looking for.  Maybe some of you out there have ideas for drawer liners... I can't find cute contact paper... maybe there are other options.


 I re-veneered the drawer fronts of the vanity/desk and used the same stain that I used on the dresser and the color is not even close so I don't plan on selling them as a pair.... but if you are interested in both let me know.
The wood design on the top drawer of the dresser is original and was an awesome surprise while stripping. (The vanity had the same sort of thing on the front blue part but it was damaged beyond repair :(
GoodLooking chose the colors and painted the dresser and is a "library-esk", "leather-ish" green and reddish brown.
Vanity/desk is "bison brown" and I forget what the blue is called.
Both pieces have protective layers to last through regular and some irregular use.




In other news, HONEY IS A WALKER. not all the time but she can.


*This seems to be a popular phrase and I fit it in to be popular.. tell me if I used it wrong.

3 comments:

adventuregirl said...

You two did a great job on the furniture. However, the pictures of your cute kid after kind of stole the show. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel and B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel and B said...

Ooops. I used your name in my first comment and then I realized you never use your real names on here so I deleted it.
Anyway...Great Job! I do have an idea for the drawer liner. On an old desk that I did, I lined it with cute black and white polka dot fabric. I got some stuff called HeatnBond UltraHold from Walmart. It comes in a roll (in the fabric department) and you iron it onto the back of the fabric. Then I just peeled the paper backing off and ironed the fabric right into the drawer. It worked great and is much cuter than contact paper!
PS...Your baby is adorable and also great job on your run. That's awesome that you're doing that.