28 January 2014

Glucose

Last week I had my Gestational Diabeties test with the delicious fruit punch glucose drink.  I failed it.
Not something that I am happy to report but the story goes on.
On Monday, I reported back to the doctor's office to do the 3 hour glucose test with the same drink and a finger prick every hour for 3 hours.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be because I got to leave and run some errands between pricks.


I got a phone call this morning that my LAST finger prick was abnormal and the doctor wants me to go back for a fasting prick then come back 2 hours after eating.
I don't mind the going to the doctor part
and the prick isn't bad either


It's knowing that it is another thing on my list that makes me a high maintenance patient at the OB.
-Previous big baby
-Previous C-section
-Possible undiagnosed gestational diabetes previously
-no thyroid
-checking thyroid hormone levels every 4 weeks and raising my prescription accordingly
-Cysts on the brain (that have dissolved, Honey had them too and it hasn't affected her at all)
-weird position of child making me come back for another sono to get the spine
-and now glucose abnormalities.


I am glad that I can grow humans though.
and I think I do a pretty good job even though I think it is HARD





2 comments:

adventuregirl said...

You do an awesome job at growing and raising humans. Good luck let us know how it turns out.

hi de ho said...

Oh my goodness! I'd didn't know about this baby's cysts, so I am grateful that it is all ok! I hope you are okay, too. You and jack make beautiful babies! Love you.