12 March 2015

Housing (and Throw Back Thursday)

So we did NOT get that house. The seller decided to go with a different offer (NOT a surprise.  If you look up the housing market in FW right now it is awesome... if you are selling a house... Not so awesome if you have a contingency and have to wait till your house closes). 
So, we have landed on a NEW BUILD! From the beginning (and by this I mean when we RECENTLY started looking at houses again) I was so against doing a new build because it might take too long and we will be homeless soon.  With that said, I was surprised and how right this feels and how things are clicking (I am scared to say that because it could still unclick but I am optimistic right now).  GoodLooking sent me the floor plan and I really liked it.  He looked at the model and on the FaceTime I got excited.  He was supposed to see another house but I liked it so much I told him not to. We have a few things we would like to add like wiring for ceiling fans in all the rooms, an outlet in a nook in the laundry room (which makes it sound fancy but really its not special), and sound proofing a short wall of a bedroom that is also the living room wall.  Not huge additions but hopefully it doesn't cost too much.  I am still worried about closing when we need to (I am bringing my Mum home with me from AZ for a week (Normally I am freaked out about saying "hey we won't be home for 3 weeks, please come during that time and steal all our stuff" BUT we won't have a home in this situation so it doesn't apply... Just try to find where all our stuff is... I won't even know where it is).   Hopefully the weather is good and the builders can work on it everyday till it is ready for us to move in early (not by rushing... please don't rush and do things wrong.  Just work at a regular pace and be done early... Miracles happen). 

Other news, Honey has thrown up 2 days in a row now.
Little Brother eats like a horse.
So do I.
I am supposed to run 5 miles on Saturday but I haven't been able to run all week.
I am doing a 10K on May 30th in DFW.
We got a new bed... Cali King and my body doesn't hurt when i get up now (great investment!)


This photo was taken about this time EIGHT YEARS AGO. We were dating and I needed a picture to send home to my family so they could see who I was into. 
I AM SO BLESSED!
This August will be 
8 years
4 states
5 rentals 
2 homes
2 kids
4 major surgeries (all for me)

Im sure I could think of more of these but I am finally tired.

No comments: