23 May 2009

How to...

Cut up a fresh pineapple


1)  Twist the tip (the green spikes) of the pineapple till it pops off.

2) Cut off both ends of the pineapple

3) Slice of the skin

4) Cut the big chunk of fruit into as many pieces as desired (the more chunks, the smaller they will be)

5) Cut the centers off of the chunks

5B)  I like the centers so I save them in a different container

6) Slice chunks into the size of fruit you desire



Sidenote:: I like grilled pineapple a lot but I don't have a grill so I slapped a slice in a pan and let it sizzle till it doesn't sizzle anymore (you can check every few seconds but it only takes about 45 seconds per side).  I found that I don't like the centers of grilled pineapple so I just threw it away.



ENJOY

2 comments:

Kim said...

That looks delish! How come you hid the fact that you had a blog for so long!?

Reflections of Heart said...

Lindsey,
Oh How I miss you! This is so funny..because I was just asking my husband on Saturday...the best way to slice a pineapple. You did it so beautifully! Looks like you are having a good time! Love you too...Jen