First attempt at the coin operated laundry downstairs from our apartment failed. It didn’t just fail, it failed miserably. I went down there, read the instructions, put the soap in, then the clothes, then the quarters, but the quarters didn’t go in. I pushed and pushed with all my might but I got no positive results. I went out into the hallway because there are always people walking around but found only a doctor who was just walking around but did not live here (weird, I know). So I tried again and decided to go back to my apartment and call the owner. Again, no positive results. So I knocked on the neighbors door, nothing. Another neighbor, she answered and went downstairs with me (one good thing I have found about living here is everyone is so nice…. Except for the girls who served us at pizza hut). She tried to push the quarters in and got nothing so she looked around for those people who are always lingering and just my luck…… They are nowhere to be seen. She made some phone calls and the only things I found out was 1) Vallory, like every apartment owner, is hard to get a hold of 2) the laundry costs $2 a load (that stinks) 3)we have really nice neighbors and one of them (the one who helped me) is getting married and moving down the hall to a bigger apartment.
So I decided to get my things and go home defeated and I had put soap in both machines to see if maybe the first one was just broken (obviously, they are both broken). So I am out two loads of soap and 45 minutes, I don’t know what to do today, I don’t have a car (Good looking took it to work), AND worse of all, IT IS HOT AND HUMID……. AGAIN (shocker).
No comments:
Post a Comment