07 May 2009

A LOT has happend

We started on Monday and stayed in Snowflake where we got married.  We stayed in the same Bed n Breakfast that we did when we got married (a different room though).  We drove a long time to get to Amarillo Texas where we stayed again.  We drove for even a longer time and stayed in Jackson MS and we are now in Meridian trying to get into an apartment.
new day
So we can't get into our apartment till monday I think.  So, we wanted to stay at the Drury inn because they are awesome but the whole hotel was FULL!!! ugh!  so we are at the Hampton but we have done laundry and gone swimming at the Hilton because they are better over there.
We went shopping today because I needed a new swim suit and I was in the changing room across the way from a southern woman.  She was making a lot of noise and grunting and huffing while I am out showing goodlooking what I had put on.  She says "ma'am, can you help me?" and she started opening her door.  I thought she was looking for the employed person so I ran back into my changing room.  She still wanted me so I came out.   She said she had had back surgery and needed help out of her dress.  She wanted me to go in her room with her and pull it off of her.  It was really awkward but I think that is how everyone is here.  
Everyone is really nice and personal.  Everyone have the accent and they do really say ma'am.  I thought that was a movie thing.  I am enjoying everything except the humidity and not having an apartment yet.  Hopefully, it will get better soon.

2 comments:

Heath Hales said...

Wow! What an initiation to the South! It sounds like you can expect many good things and good friends!

A said...

Oh your gonna love it with a little time. Have you eaten any fatback yet??