07 December 2010

P.A. (I won't warn you that it is long and has no photos)

Last week we went to Pennsylvania!!  I decided to go (I think) on maybe Wednesday then the following Monday morning, we hopped in the car and skidaddled.  GoodLooking's work sent him there to kinda see how his internship work is going and some other stuff.  He had the choice to fly or drive and with the money they pay out for driving, we decided to drive cause not only the money, I could go with him.  I decided that since my finals weren't till the week after, I could go.  The drive there was absolutely B-E-A-Utiful!  We love love love Virginia (which is interesting cause our dream retire land is Virginia Idaho (rolling hills, small town, GREEN, distinct seasons, and gorgamous).  Monday night we just chilled then

 Tuesday GoodLooking went to work and I slept in.  Then it started raining and it didn't stop...
Then on Wednesday, it started snowing... and didn't stop.... Unfortunately, I only brought my running shoes... That is bad because the running shoes breathe. We drove to this little old coal mining town.  It was so picturESQUE.  Cute little homes and hills, and a bar, and people and all that.

Then on Thursday, it kept snowing.... and didn't stop... We went to the Pennsylvania Incline Plane (a.k.a. The Worlds Slowest Roller Coaster) ha.  It was really cool and made my ears pop both ways.
 I also went to JoAnns and got some cute 12X12 paper for like 5 1/2 cents a page

Then on (I think it was misty snowing still) Friday, we left.  It snowed A WHOLE HEAP!! (and I thought I would not see snow again this year!!).. We stopped at Gettysburg and saw the sights and it is really humbling to see the bloodiest battle grounds in US history.  So many people died there.  In school when you learn about these places it's kinda just "oh yeah Gettysburg... some guys fought there and the North Started winning and something about something else"  BUT actually going....It's like going to conference for the first time and being in the same room with the Prophet... it make is more real.

When I decided I was going with to P.A., I also decided I wanted to go camping (keep in mind it wasn't snowing when I made that decision (also keep in mind that is the same thing as planning a menu and saying "I'm not hungry now so maybe we will just have dessert")).  On the way home, we stopped in Tennessee (I think) set up the fire and ate dogs then had our smores (chocolate covered grahms and HUGE mallows)... It was really cold!.. Then we set up the tent and got that air mattress up. Got into bed and...... I could NOT stop shivering.  I made me cry even.  I really wanted to camp and I just could not get warm... I was soooo upset... GoodLooking finally said that we had to go to a hotel... So, we packed everything up real quick (like we rolled up the tent with everything in it and shoved it in the SUV) and went to the closest hotel paid probably like half my pinky toe and slept really well (which was good cause we had another 8 hours to drive (so maybe we were inn Virginia).

We finally got home in time to shower and go to the Christmas Party which was a lot of fun.

No comments: