16 June 2011

Scotland

 The Aden House is the BnB we stayed at the first two nights.  It was really nice and I am pretty sure the couple that ran it just lived in a separate portion of the house (where they cooked our breakfast).  It was funny cause the first morning, she came out with Clear and Rose plates and after she said it 3 or 4 times we figured it must have meant Klaire and Ross (not that those could or could not have been names of people with us on the trip).
 This is Bullers of Buchanan.  It was once a mystical sea cave but it caved in and now its just really cool.  Right above the arch, it was a really narrow walkway and it was really windy and I was really scared I was going to fall in the frigid water.

 I think this is the ruins of Slains Castle.  It is free to public and you can run all over it (I don't recommend running see as it is really old).  There was a tower that we climbed to the top (very narrow spiral staircase).

 And I think this is Fyvie Castle..... People live there.... Awesome right?!
 These are what some people call Highland Coos (or cows) they are so fuzzy and cute!
 So then on Monday, we began our treck (long long trip) to Edingurgh.  We stopped at Loch Ness and just checked out the gift shop.  It was raining and cold so we didn't do anything outside really.
On the way out of Loch Ness.
 There is a button on my shirt that says "Mommy to Be" nough said I think.  We made that red shirt! It means that she will be an Aunt... (no, I am not showing, I just eat all the time cause it makes the nausea go away)

4 comments:

Katelyn said...

Congratulations!! When are you due? And I'm glad you had a good trip! Looks beautiful.

Shara said...

Congrats!! :) So excited for you! I thought the ant shirt was a great way to tell all the k girls!

Reflections of Heart said...

Wow! Awesome vacation....and really more amazing news! Congratulations...the only time I didn't feel nausea was when I was walking ( I walked alot). Yeah! Yeahh! You two will be fabulous Parents! Happy Father's Day and belated Mother's Day!

hi de ho said...

You were very brave to walk on that skinny path at the top of this VERY high and wild sea cave. I could not make myself do it - the wind was so strong I wasn't even going to crawl along it!