08 February 2009

Homeless Shelter de Bryce

Homeless person Perspective:
Last night I found a fabulous new shelter. There was nice blankets, it was warm, well light, personal bathroom, washer and dryer, quiet, and everything a person in my unfortunate situation could ask for except food. The only drawbacks are I have to wait till about 11 pm and the lights go off at the "neighbors" place before I can bunk up for the night and I have to be out before 6 in the am. Well, I must have forgot to set my alarm or I missed the wake up call cause the next thing I know a 6'6" giant is coming out my "neighbors" door leaving to go to work at 6:30 in the morning. So I hurry quick packed up put on my jacket and lit out. But I'll be back tommorrow night. This place is too good to be true!

"Neighbors" Perspective:
I came home the other day from work and wrote out my check for expencive rent and went downstairs to pay the lady. I walked in the door and handed her the check and she asked me if I had seen Goodlooking today. Then she told me about the homeless person who had found a home on our "porch" (on the top of the stairs leading to our door, there is a landing which is quite warm). Jack later told me that that morning he had left for work and there he was getting ready to leave. We tried to lock the very front door to the building so that he can't get in but the next morning it was evident that he had gotten in. The Landlord is working on getting it fixed but till then we have a "neighbor".

No comments: