10 September 2010

AH a Jarring Experience

Goodlooking and I have started running when he gets home from work (around 4). We usually run to the park and back (totaling in exactly 1 mile from the street outside our apartment and back). It is pretty hilly making it NOT something I enjoy doing yet. I run the flats and downs and walk the ups (having the hills in place is actually good because it gives me an excuse to walk part of it without feeling like a fat idiot). Though, the other day, we ran in the opposite direction to a stop light (totaling exactly eight tenths of a mile) with only one gradual hill going down on the way there and up on the way home.
And the punch line= I ran all the way there and most of the way back.
I know this may not be a major feat for most people (or any people who actually LIKE to run (strange bunch that I try to stay away from cause I always end up with an invitation to run)) BUT I don't like to run. It hurts.
Anyway, I turn 23 soon and am hoping for a puppy (but it's not likely AND we can't really afford one with all the extra fees at our apartment and food and accessories) but will settle for anything anyone would like to send to me.

3 comments:

Josh said...

I for one am very excited for you guys to get a puppy. They have lots of slightly older dogs on craigslist and at shelters that need good homes if you can get over not having them while they're still small and cute.

hi de ho said...

I don't know about the puppy thing...Josh shouldn't encourage you!! BUT I do know I'm so proud of you for doing the running thing - (G - double O - D, J-O-B, Good job (clap, clap), Good job (clap, clap). That's my cheer for you!

Michayle said...

I am proud of you! Running is HARD and the fact that you make yourself do it at all is totally commendable. If you can't get a puppy maybe you can get some fish. I love fish, they are my favorite pets. Happy Birthday!