26 January 2011

Television

There is a show called Handy Manny and I don't not like it BUT I do have somewhat to say about it.  Whenever Manny needs a tool or some wood or something for a project, he goes to the store with a large hammer above the door and I am IN LOVE with the super magical prophetic desk that the lady stands behind.  It always just happens to have EXACTLY what Manny needs and the perfect amount.... It is the Poppins bag of animated "Tool Time".  Also, when Manny says "on three everybody!" then he counts "uno... dos... tres!"... I am left behind waiting for "three"... call me white... call me a good listener.... whatever... THREE!

It has been really nice to have a job.  Not only for the money though. I also have something to do and a reason to plan my time and get things done in my spare time which I had a lot of.

I went Visiting Teaching last night and had a special moment.  Here is how it goes.  The early saints had their homes, nice things, history, reputations, great humidity, GREENness of everything, Rivers, hills, and everything else about the East that they would have loved.  They were comfortable and secure.  Then, they move more than a thousand miles through snow, mountains, indians, and more wearing a dress (for the women) and stop in some desert full of BROWN!  They had no homes ready for them.  No hotels with free breakfast.  No supper comfortable bed with fluffy pillows.  No stores to get food or clothes that they used up wore out fixed up and now have to do without.  NADA.  In many ways it is not the same as what I am going through BUT we left the Bubble traveled over a thousand miles and are now in this place with no mountains, it is so sticky humid, no family but eachother.  Because they had and documented their experiences, I am able to read about it humble myself and say that I am not the only person going through the way I feel.  I am not the only person who has had to leave home for opportunity.

I do know that for some reason we are here.  More of a reason than just for Goodlookings job (though it is good).  I need to remember that the world doesn't revolve around me and I just need to cool my jets and find joy in the journey.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Well put, Lindsay. This is sort of how I felt when I moved to Ajo. But you are right, there is some reason that you are supposed to be there, and you can find joy in the journey. Also, congrats on the job. It sounds like it will be fun.